My photo
I'm a Canadian now residing in Sunny Arizona since 2002. Although I've been a city girl all of my life, I've always loved the country and the laid back life it offers. My love of the Outdoors, Animals,and Gardening comes from my mom Cecile, who loved her home in the country, but sadly passed away in 2005. I promised her I would grow a garden in her name, And I finally did, five years later. One of my best memories of her is how much she loved her garden. The glow on her face when she would show me something new, always creating a life with things she loved. She loved all animals. She taught me simplicity, to enjoy the small things, and see beauty in everything. Today I find myself doing the same things she did in her garden and in life. This blog was created to keep track of my projects and adventures. They may not all be successes, but my goal is to remain unintimidated by whatever engages my curiosity. I want to share this adventure with those who can appreciate the small things, the trial and errors, the simplicity in it all, but mostly,what my mom knew how to do best,just have FUN! *This blog is dedicated to her*

Feb 25, 2010

This is MY Space!

Puppy-Proofing your Garden,
Sigh....
NOT as easy as I thought!
When I found this home I was in heaven! Large yard for my dogs!
I tried to plan my garden space accordingly, not wanting to take too much of theirs, because really it's THEIR house.
But when the fencing came up around my garden beds they wanted to investigate, although there really wasn't anything interesting there until I brought in the soil with 'organic' matter in it...then everything changed. They seem to enjoy hanging around my beds more than the rest of their yard now.

Waking up in the morning to see paw prints all over my garden beds AFTER planting my seeds is frustrating. But how could I resist laughing a little? it's too cute! although I can't let that happen again if I want something to grow.
Luckily only two out of my six fur-kids could get through, or I would have ended up having to shovel this organic matter all over again. One has ripped out my tiny grape vine and dragged it in the house! And I am making sure this will NEVER happen again. So, I had to get materials to fence off the tiny spaces they were coming through. Unless it's the sneaky neighbor cat... hmmmmmm


I'm thinking maybe I'll have to create their own sniffing zone where they'll stay away from my boundaries...
This is MY space!

No comments:

Post a Comment