My photo
I'm a Canadian now residing in Sunny Arizona since 2002. Although I've been a city girl all of my life, I've always loved the country and the laid back life it offers. My love of the Outdoors, Animals,and Gardening comes from my mom Cecile, who loved her home in the country, but sadly passed away in 2005. I promised her I would grow a garden in her name, And I finally did, five years later. One of my best memories of her is how much she loved her garden. The glow on her face when she would show me something new, always creating a life with things she loved. She loved all animals. She taught me simplicity, to enjoy the small things, and see beauty in everything. Today I find myself doing the same things she did in her garden and in life. This blog was created to keep track of my projects and adventures. They may not all be successes, but my goal is to remain unintimidated by whatever engages my curiosity. I want to share this adventure with those who can appreciate the small things, the trial and errors, the simplicity in it all, but mostly,what my mom knew how to do best,just have FUN! *This blog is dedicated to her*

Jan 6, 2011

While I Wait..

I've been doing a lot of thinking, especially after the holidays, the New Year is here, new projects in line, new beginnings are ahead.
While I wait impatiently for my dad to wake up I try to occupy myself with little projects. Anything to keep me from feeling sad and hopeless.
While looking around my place for something new to do, I came across a few rocks I've collected here throughout the years. That's something I've always liked to do. Everywhere I go I always find a rock. It's not a hobby, I just find them in places that I have visited. Like taking a part of that place with me, Like a souvenir.
As a child I remember going on a classroom field trip and asked my mom for money so I could buy a souvenir. I remember her telling me to take a piece of nature, either a stick, a rock, or some leaves...she said it would last much longer and be more meaningful. Boy was she right :)
Today I have a nice collection of rocks and wood from places I've visited. Some driftwood from California, Lava Rock and Pyrite(fool's gold) from Arizona, Unique ones from various lakes and creeksides from places I have hiked, One from far below in the Grand Canyon, and Red Rocks with soft Sand from Sedona. Mostly rocks that have a special shape to them, or some that simply stand out.
One I especially like, I call it the dinosaur egg. My mom loved this one when she visited. I admit I had many rocks decorating my front yard at the last home, I brought every one of them with me when I moved! They're beautiful and timeless  :)

1 comment: